Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tuna Fish!

For some odd reason my twins have decided to insult each other by using foods as derogatory names.... This is an oddity I have not encountered with any other children. It is common place to hear, "You'r a Tuna Fish!" or "Pizza head!" whilst I calmly try to go about my normal day. And has been this way for many years. Up untill a few weeks ago I did not give it a second thought. Just kinda brushed it off and never made a big deal of it. Even jokingly joined them in their jovial jaunts. After all, it's just simple consumable product names not ludicious or offensive language. Right? Not to mention our pet names for them is peanuts.

Well, a couple weeks ago my father sets out to tell me about an incident with a neighbors child and my dear sweet angle of a son... "It's like this." He paused with a wry smile. "He called the other kid pizza. And the kid found it insulting. So he punched him. We had to talk to him about not calling other kids names. Any name no matter if he thinks it is a joke."

Kinda hard to tell a six year old not to call someone a food err name... I still catch the two of them calling each other by whatever food comes to mind. And I still call them peanut... But we do try to keep it a family thing. Our dog Salsa can attest to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment