Sunday, March 1, 2009

Salsa!

Last summer was long and lazy. Working in a school I have the wonderful benefit of having them off. I try to set up projects and activities to accomplish or do. Last summer... not so much. One of those faithful days I felt a nap was in order.

I made sure everyone had drinks and food to their satisfaction. I then made sure they were set with an activity to keep them entertained. Which happened to be Star Wars Lego game on our Play station 2. They are Star Wars junkies FYI. So then I let them know if they needed anything I would be upstairs and to just come up and get me.

I snuggled down into a warm bed and enjoyed the light breeze of our ceiling fan as I drifted off into a wonderful sleep. In a haze I woke up to complete silence. Silence is nice. Except I have twins... Five year old twins that usually make enough noise on an min by min basis to wake the dead. And they made no noise.

I slipped down the stairs to their worried faces. "Mom. The dog won't stay still." I look down the hall to see our poor pup covered in? What? "Um why is she wet?" They perked up at the question. "We were making Salsa!" "With what!??" I croaked. They realized I might not appreciate their genius so they sheepishly replied. "Well, we put syrup and salt and pepper and rice on her."

I almost fell over. As I surveyed the house I realized their 'salsa' concoction was everywhere... Some in the den, bathroom, kitchen, dinning room, and even my living room sofas and all. Since I wasn't sure if they would live I sent them to their room for a later discussion of what was and was not acceptable. Right now I was too angry and knew this meant some serious cleaning which included getting their version of salsa off the dog.

After serious steam cleaning and a sweaty dog bath I could use another nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment