Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas is at Hand!

Christmas is just a day away!

We decorate on Thanksgiving and the total glee on my boys faces when we got out the decorations was so amazing. Chad and I went out to get the lights on the outside. While we were out wrestling with plugs and bulbs... They could not wait so they went ahead and decorated the bottom half of the tree! It was so adorable. We moved just a few (breakable heavy ones). But left most of it just the way they did it, a reminder that they are getting older and more independent (which is both wonderful and scary!).

As I made my Christmas cookies for friends and coworkers they helped roll them in the sugar and place them on the sheets. Such wonderful helpers... And today! What a surprise just a day before Christmas Eve! A CLEAN room! Totally, completely, utterly clean.... WITHOUT me asking! I thought I was dreaming?? But no.. They said, "we got our room ready for Santa. Did you see the decorations?" I could not believe my eyes, they had action figures and such stretched out on their dressers as decorations... haha Why can't Christmas come every year??

The look on their faces when they come down to see what Santa has brought is always a tear jerker for this poor sappy mom. And I am sure this year will be no different! They are so wonderful.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment